Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Trade




When I was little I prayed very hard that I wouldn't have any wisdom teeth. I prayed a lot. After hearing many horror stories about wisdom teeth surgery, I was sure that was something I never wanted to experience. With faith in my heart, I remember going to the dentist for x-rays. My mouth was photographed and the truth was told...I was missing all 4 wisdom teeth. My prayers were answered and I was so grateful. This experience served as a testimony of prayer...that Heavenly Father hears our prayers and answers them. I could relax since I had been spared this trauma that so many have had to go through.


Here's the catch though...the trade...

I traded my 4 wisdom teeth for 4 c-sections. This is what life is like, what trials are like. Some things we are spared of, others we are asked to endure (for a long time). Sometimes we choose the trial, other times they are forced upon us.


Trials have been on my mind a lot lately. I am grateful for them...when they are over. But when we are going through them, which we will, I am grateful for the help that we can find through Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Joseph B. Wirthlin's mother used to tell him, "come what may, and love it." I am going to start telling myself that.

"Come what may, and love it."

Trials make us who we are. They help us grow, give us empathy, and strengthen our relationship with our Savior.

Over a period of 5 1/2 years I had 4 c-sections. I had experiences of Heavenly Father lending me support to get through it...through the pain...the fear...the unknown...and the other trials that decided to pop up. There are no wishes in my heart of trading back my c-sections for wisdom teeth...it was worth it. I would do it all over again to get my children here and have those experiences. We were sent here to grow. Thank goodness we are given help along the way. Thank goodness we do not have to do it alone.


One last word of encouragement from Joseph B. Worthlin. He said, "The lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way."


I will remember..."come what may, and love it."

Bring it on!!! (gently though, please.)

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

This is so well said sometimes in life we endure things that we think we cant handle but there isn't anything that hasn't been felt by our savior and the lord will only give us the most that he knows we can handle.

Sblogger said...

Thanks for sharing those thoughts and experiences Marci.

I love the haircut and the toaster. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who loses patience sometimes.