Monday, March 9, 2009

Getting out

Even though we weren't 100% well yet, we needed to get out of the house and go somewhere without a lot of kids or germs. Mount Vernon was the ideal place. Room to run...and no one to spread germs to (except a few farm animals). The 70 degree weather helped out too. I love this place so much and I can't explain why yet. It is beautiful, peaceful, and so full of history. Some day I will put Mount Vernon into words. Here are some pictures!






One of my favorite things about Mt. Vernon are the brick walls. They have their own story. Aren't they amazing?







Also, thanks for all of the well wishes. We are doing a lot better and Tehya is finally going back to school after missing over two weeks. Love you all!!!

11 comments:

Ashley said...

Yummy brick walls!!! A fun thing to do in photoshop is use the sponge tool and saturate. It can overkill really quick but it is fun to play with it and see what colors come out. I hope you are all feeling better.

the speers said...

Marci, I adore you! I love all your pictures...is this another secret talent? How did you get such an amazing picture of your family?? I love it! I hope you all get to 100% soon!!!

Marci said...

Ashley, thanks for the photoshop tip! I will give it a try. we are doing a lot better, thanks.

...and Chira, Chad bought me a tripod, so I just set it up and ran for the shot. Pretty fun, the kids were very entertained.

Kim H. said...

Love that brick wall!

Tammie said...

I have been meaning to tell you that I love your pictures. What kind of Camera do you have? I Love the brick walls!

heidijogoody said...

I bet it felt so nice to get out of the house after being cooped up for a while now. You take some very cute pictures!

Marci said...

Tammie...my camera is an olympus e-500. It is my dad's old camera and he gave it to me for Christmas! It has been so much fun to have a camera! Thanks for the compliments.

Kim Goddard said...

I have been gone for over a week and feel that I have missed so much! I am so sorry you have all been sick but I am glad you are on the mend! I absolutely love the brick pictures! Oh wow! The colors are amazing! You are becoming quite the photographer! I wish you were here to teach me! Miss you!

Liz Green said...

How fun to get away and enjoy some beautiful weather. You take such darling photos. How do you do it?

Sissy Jackson said...

Marci, your family is so cute. You should have about 10 more kids!

Heather said...

I'm glad you guys were able to get out and have some fun. I agree with everyone else, your pictures are amazing! You are so talented Marci!