Monday, March 30, 2009

MIA



I have been MIA.

I haven't been feeling very well lately. Weeks have gone by and I am still sick. Mom's should be exempt from getting sick. We have too much to do.

After some encouragement from Chad...I finally went to the doctor.

They stole some blood, palpated my body and discovered that I have a few things wrong. Now I am off to another doctor to have a few more tests done. They are all threatening surgery in some form or another. Nothing serious, just annoying. I am terrified. I hate surgery. It's scary.

Anyway, enough about that.

Now I want to talk about my friend Renee. Talking about her makes me smile. I mentioned her once before. She was the "Angel" I talked about in another post and she still wears that title gracefully. Through out all of these doctor visits for Jack and me she has watched my kids.

And cleaned my house.
And organized my closets.
And wiped my counters.
And filled my dishwasher.


And she is still willing to help.

Tomorrow morning Jackson is getting his tonsils out. We haven't told him yet. I don't really know how to...he won't understand.

Renee will be here again.

I know Heavenly Father asks us to go through hard things, but he also sends angels to help us get through them.
Renee is an angel to me and I am in so much debt to her.
I want to be more like Renee.

One last thing...
Although tonsil surgery is a very simple procedure, if you pray, please pray for Jack. He hasn't been sleeping for weeks now. While he sleeps, his tonsils fill his airway and he wakes choking. Some nights I lay there listening to him. Soon he will be sleeping again. And so will I. I can't wait.

10 comments:

Jen said...

What? I am calling you right now! Maybe I should come visit, I wish...

The Heitritter Family said...

Thank goodness for good friends who take care of us. I'm sorry for you and Jackson. Surgery is scary. Just a word of encouragement, I got my tonsils out when I was 17 and I clearly remember going to a surgery center that didn't feel like a hospital, starting to count down from 10 and then waking up. My throat was awfully sore for awhile, but the doctor told me if I had done it when I was little it would have been a fration of the discomfort. I'll be praying for you, my friend. Everything will go great.

Heather said...

It sounds like you guys have had a few crazy weeks. I hope you all will be able to feel better soon! I wish I was there to help, but it sounds like you are surrounded by great people! We will think of you all in our prayers.

Sissy Jackson said...

Are you OK? I hope its not too serious. Keep the faith sister. All our love and prayers.

Brooke said...

Tonsils are a breeze! Paige got hers out when she was 2...we just told her that they had turned green and she needed them out. She hasn't had strep again since! But it did take away her cute scratchy little voice. But now I am concerned about you! I hope you feel better soon! Love you!

Grossarths said...

I will definitely be thinking of you and keeping your family in my prayers! Good luck this week.

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

I'm sorry about all you are going through..glad you have an angel there to help!!! What is wrong with you??? I hope it's nothing too serious!

Michelle said...

Hope you're doing OK. I'll keep you in my prayers! Surgery with 4 little ones can't be an easy thing. Will your mom come help? Glad everything went well with Jack.

Allie said...

I had no idea that your little guy had surgery. Zack, my four year old, had his tonsils taken out over a year ago and I was so nervous before he went in. I'm glad to read that things went fairly well.

Sblogger said...

You can't leave us hanging like that Marci! Are you okay? I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I agree that mothers chould be exempt from getting sick! Can we start a petition? Who do we give it to? Maybe Obama could solve that problem. :)