Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Confessions




I have something I need to get off my chest.
I feel so guilty.
Maybe it's because from the time we are 2 we are told it is bad. I cry every time my kids do it. I have taught them how bad it is. Tell them often never to do it. I make them promise to NEVER do it again.
Danger.
Bad.
Disastrous.
I CAN'T fix it if they decide to do it.

Here I am in a new State. Across the Country. Away from everything familiar. I miss my friend Molly. Molly is very talented. She has cut my hair for the last 8 years. I don't know where to go now. I don't know who to trust, who to see. It's really expensive here. I haven't had a hair cut for MONTHS!!

A fellow artist planted a seed in my mind. She said "you're an artist. Just cut your own hair."
She cuts her own hair.
I know this because I asked her who cut her hair, hoping I could get a referral. Her hair is really cute. I stewed over this for days.

Chad was out of town. No one was around. My heart was pounding. Dare I break the rule? The one we learn from such a young age?


So here is my confession...
I cut my own hair a few weeks ago.
It was fun.
It was messy.
I love it!
I don't know how it looks from behind, but the ends feel better.
Chad kept complimenting my hair...so I confessed to him.
He was happy...happy to save money.
Maybe I'll get a nice pair of shears for my birthday.

Now I am thinking about color. It might be fun. Probably messy too.

9 comments:

Sissy Jackson said...

Girl, I love your hair. You did a great job! Want to cut mine? And I say YES to color. Makes the world happy!

Heather said...

Amazing! You are simply amazing at everything you do! What a fun thing to do! It looks great in the picture and I'm sure it looks fantastic in person!

Durham5 said...

Love the hair, thanks for sharing all you monments and memories with us. I love the story about the toaster and Yes I have thrown an appliance before...so no wories.
Love ya and miss ya.

Cyndi and Logan said...

Marci, You are simply gorgeous!! I miss you!! Awesome on running, I am proud of you, and your hair, AWESOME!!!Color is really fun, I have gone light to dark several times, so I say definitely do it!!

The Heitritter Family said...

You're beautiful! Pretty soon people will be asking you where you go, and you would have had to confess anyway!

heidijogoody said...

You are such a talented girl! The hair looks great.

Glass House said...

you look beautiful!!! I colored my hair today, and I cut it on occasion, but that's what I do anyway, I'm a cosmetologist:)

Liz Green said...

Way to go. It looks good. I've cut may hair before as well since it's so expensive in NYC and I can't get myself to waist that kind of money.

Kim Goddard said...

In our early marriage I couldn't bring myself to spend $100 on a cut and color so GUY would cut my hair! For years! I have done my own too and colored it! You go girl! It looks great!

p.s. love the toaster story!