Saturday, February 28, 2009

Doing better



Tehya is doing so much better. My day (Feb 26th) started at 3:30 with Savannah waking up, then Jacob out of bed, and last Tehya crying. I ran in to check on her to discover that her eyes were hurting her. A quick pep talk and tucking of sheets, I sliped back in bed for a lovely half an hour before I heard her throwing up. The rest of the morning was full of laundry, baths, chills, high fevers, and a sad little girl. I did finally take her to the doctor and they gave her some anti-nausea pills. They worked like a charm. She felt good enough to help Savannah smile while I took some pictures! I still can't decide if I should send her to school. I kinda think she could use a day to recover from all of this. This whole thing started with red eyes. I actually thought she had conjunctivitis, until the other symptoms decided to make an appearance. Have you ever dealt with that before?...the blood red eyes with a sore throat? I heard it was common, but we've never had eye issues before. They ruled out the flu and strep. Although her eyes are still red and her fever is low grade, I am feeling positive and breathing a sigh of relief. She is on the mend. Just in time to do something fun this weekend?...We'll see.


Here she is today (Feb 28th) feeling much better!





Here are those pictures of Savi I mentioned before. She is the only one who will let me practice. I don't mind. It is hard to believe she is my last baby...I am trying to savor every minute. Every minute of all of them. They are growing so fast. I find that I can't remember how they sounded just a couple of years ago. If we could only make our minds remember. Every day I squeeze Savannah's legs and arms. I feel her chest rise and fall against mine as we snuggle. I don't want to forget...and I know I will to a degree. It makes me sad. Maybe between pictures and video, we can hold on to some of the memory. I am hoping that in heaven we can replay any part of our lives here on earth that we wish...actually I am counting on it. It's not just the image, but the smells, the feeling of little fingers and toes...of bodies cradled in our arms. My lips on soft cheeks. The way they move, talk, breathe. I really don't want to forget.


I love how they wake up from naps with such rosy cheeks.





Now just a little about angels. Elder Jeffrey R. Holland said this..."I testify of angels, both the heavenly and the mortal kind. In doing so I am testifying that God never leaves us alone, never leaves us unaided in the challenges that we face....May we all try to be a little more angelic ourselves - with a kind word, a strong arm, a declaration of faith and 'the covenant wherewith we have covenanted' (D&C 90:24)" Read the whole article here.

Thanks to the angels who aided me this week...Renee and Wendy for taking my children so I could tend to Tehya. I am so grateful for you both. I am so grateful for angels. Angels are real...heavenly and mortal. This word fills my mind as I think of all of you.


...and one more from today.




Last of all, Chad got home today after being gone all week!!! That's the best part of all...now the universe is back in order.

6 comments:

the crew said...

what beautiful pictures! We miss you guys so much, and I agree- thank goodness for angels- you have always been one of mine!

Jennifer said...

I hate when kids are sick! And when dogs get human diseases like cancer and kidney infections! But your photographs are lovely. Can't wait to see you in a few months!

Hey, my friend and I have started a new blog called The Oak Tree. It's based on an amazing poem about having strength during touch times. The blog is to be an uplifting display of personal experiences and tid-bits of wisdom to help "strengthen our roots!"
Each month a new topic will be presented that will be faith-promoting.

If you're interested in being a contributor, let me know! Every contributor writes under a pseudo name so we can be as open as we'd like.

Check it out, and if you like what you read, put us on your blog list because we update almost daily!

http://www.lessonsoftheoaktree.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

I'm so glad that Chad is back. It's always nice to have someome by your side! Your pictures are all amazing. You have a real talent!! I'm serious when I say I want lessons! Miss you!!

Cyndi and Logan said...

My kids always get "sick eyes" when they are sick. Their eyes get all red, not as bad as Tehya's, but that's how I know it is really bad and that the fever is getting higher or lower, I can tell by the red in their eyes.
Your pictures of your kids are gorgeous, I agree that I forget too. I don't want it to end and for them to grow up. I love the way my kids smell, to me it is intoxicating. I savor every moment!!

heidijogoody said...

I am glad to hear she is doing better. You have some cute kids! I still can't get over how Big Teya is!

The Heitritter Family said...

That brought tears to my eyes Marci. I don't know why I'm so emotional but it does go so quick and before you know it, a sweet little phase is gone. It is heartbreaking to think "my little boy will never be like this again." Gives me a lot of determination to be patient and loving every day so I don't miss out!