Monday, February 2, 2009

Grateful for you



I realized after Chad read that post that it was too sad. It made him sad. I can tell it is hard for him to see me this way. I will still miss, but I will fill most of my heart with the good. With you! Thank you Friends for the comments.

They did indeed fill my heart. It is now overflowing. Flowing with gratefulness. Grateful for you. Grateful for our connection. Still strong. So far away. So close. I can feel it.

And then there is Chad. A concerned, loving husband. Letting me sleep in 10 extra minutes. Walking down stairs to find a sweapt floor. A compliment...a soft touch. No complaints. Just his smile. Hugs. More compliments. My heart is filled with more.

A small boy against my back...arms squeeze my neck. Savannah's breath against my skin. She smells so good. I take a deep breath of her. Kisses from my boys in the morning. Eyes that squint from smiling...just a sliver of blue. Giggles from my worried child. She smiles more often now. I am grateful for that. Grateful I am a mom.

My new house. Bigger. A guest room...waiting to be filled. There is room for us to run now. Very grateful. Visitors coming this week. I am smiling now!

I am grateful for my calling. Eleven 12 year olds. I get to study the prophets every week. It helps me stay focused on what is important. They are such good kids. My new ward. Sweet girls...new smiles...new friends...new memories to make. An invite to lunch. A phone call. Some peace. More grateful.

Notes from you. Cell phones. More calls. Letters. Thank you for not forgetting about me. Thank you for your prayers for my family. I love you.

Virginia! Wow, the history. Beautiful land. Mysterious...intriguing. I love that there is so much to see. So much to do. Places to explore. Things to learn. Treasures to find. New! Another smile on my face.

Health. We are all healthy now. The first time since we moved here. No runny noses. Just happy kids. My insides feel brighter! I am grateful to have a strong body again.

My morning call from my Mom. Just two minutes. A pep talk. Just enough to put a smile on my face. Reminds me of my old home. Reminds me to make the best of the new. "Be strong for your kids". So grateful for her advice. So grateful...so full now!! I will still miss. I can still feel it inside my chest. Mostly I feel gratitude though...showing through my smile that just grew! I hear it gets better. I know that is true. Thanks again for loving me! I am blessed...and grateful.

4 comments:

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

I love your posts!! Being a mom and wife is the most amazing thing huh!! Also missing things you are used to is sad but having your family right there by your side is the best thing ever! Everything gets easier with time but no one here will ever forget the Green family..and next time you are in town..GIRLS NIGHT!

Durham5 said...

It was so good to talk to you today. Thanks for listening to me and for being a shoulder to cry on. It was good to hear your voice and know that you are feeling better.
It will get better, but it is still ok to have a part, or at least a little part ache for home, it means that we will always be a part of you and I know you will always be apart of me.
I also miss hanging out watching the kids play, talking for hours in our driveways and just waving hi when we pass each others home, but we still have each other. Even if for now it is a simple phone call a shared story of cleaning up after our kids and dog and or a quick email.
You where there when I needed a fiend and I will always be here for you.
Thank you for sharing your feelings with me and opening up your heart to me. It has allowed me to open up my heart to you and for that I will be eternal greatful.
Thnk you again for being a true friend, all my heart Sheri

Mona said...

Marci,
What a BEAUTIFUL blog! Looking forward to getting to know you.
Your newest friend,
Mona
http://monasgospelmusings.blogspot.com/

Liz Green said...

We miss you too and are so excited to see you. Chad hasn't mentioned anything to Mark, but we are both jumping up and down waiting patiently to know detail.
What a grateful heart you have. Only if everyone in the world had a heart like yours then there would be no contention. :)