Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A missing girl and an almost missing tooth

Chad has been out of town the past couple of days...




Day 1:

I am standing alone at the bus stop waiting for Tehya to arrive. The bus parks on the corner. All the children get off the bus, but not my Tehya. She is not there. The bus leaves and I am still standing alone. My chest is thumping. I take my phone out of my pocket to call the school when it rings in my hand. It's my friend. Her son is one of Tehya's friends at school. This is our conversation:

"Hi, are you looking for Tehya? She is at my house. I asked
her if you knew she was here and she said 'of course'!"


She was very gracious about the unexpected arrival of Tehya.







Day 2:

Jackson looks up at me with a bloody mouth. After cleaning him off, I notice his front tooth is moving. I cry. I don't know anything about teeth. We have had all sorts of mishaps before, but none involving teeth. The dentist wants to see him right away. I throw the kids in the car and cry. Maybe my neighbor is home. I get out, knock on her door and cry. She is an angel and takes all my kids for the next few hours while I run Jack to the dentist. I am grateful for angels. My sweet smiley boy will probably have a dark tooth in the near future...at least it was a baby tooth.




Day 3:

Almost there. Chad is coming home in a couple of hours. Today is much better. An amazing friend, another angel, comes over and lets me have a break. She not only watches my kids, but she also cleans Jacobs awful closet, takes out my smelly trash, and I am sure she did other things that I have not yet discovered. I am so blessed.

Last little scare....I am waiting at the bus stop again today...and waiting...and the bus stops and leaves, with out my Tehya walking out from it's doors. NOT AGAIN!!!! I watch the bus roll away. I start to walk home as I call the school. They can't find her. My heart is beating fast again. I feel a hand in mine as I am about to walk up my stairs to my house. It's Tehya. She forgot to get off the bus on her stop. She was scared too. We aren't too familiar with the neighborhood yet. Little Tehya found her way home from a different stop. Another silent thank you in my heart to Heaven! Today a smile!

10 comments:

Kim H. said...

Wow, what a few days...sounds like you have made some great friends!

Jen said...

I knew I should have stayed longer.....You can make it, only a few more hours! That is too bad about Jack's tooth, is this what I have to look forward too?

Tammie said...

Hey, Thanks for the compliments on my blog. BUt I am really done being pregnant and still 3 weeks to go. But I wish we could practice in DC. But Jeff already has a good job lined up in SLC. But we do have some friends going to GW for law school this next semester! How long do you think you will be there?

leanne said...

hi marci! i miss you! shauna told me you had a blog and gave me the address...i hope that everything is going great back east!! we have a blog, but it's private so if you give me your email address i can add you!!(satrstruck@hotmail.com) your kids are so cute-and savannah has gotten so huge!!

i love you marci!!-leanne

heidijogoody said...

Hey Marci I found you from a comment on Melanies blog. Email me at heidijogoody@hotmail.com with your email address if you want to view my blog because it is private.

Sblogger said...

I'm glad for you that Chad is back. Sorry about scares. I'm sure that was not fun to go through. It sounds like you dealt with it well though Marci. Take care! The pictures of Savannah are so cute!

Kim Goddard said...

AT this point I think you have to just lock yourself in your room and yell, "bring it on!" Seriously! Also...my "website" is not up yet but I have started a blog with some of my things on it...it's kimmizcom.blogspot.com. Check it out. I am still compiling and adding and moving things around but it is fun! Miss you!

Jasmine said...

We've had some of those same scares and I'm sure we'll all have many more! Thank goodness for angels!

*Leslie* said...

I can't imagine how scared you must have been with all this, epecially Tehya. I'm so glad you are all being watched over!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Wow you need a HUGE tub of ice cream!!!