Wednesday, July 28, 2010




I found Savannah holding on to Tehya's hair like she was in a tug a war tournament, both hands tight around the rope. Quickly I rescued Tehya, and carried a crying Vannah to the time out chair. As I carried her little body to the chair, I was surprised by the feelings that filled my thoughts. A wave of gratitude and love washed across me.

Some days are so hard.

There are times I feel like I am barely keeping my head above water.

I can't help but smile right now as I write this...I am smiling because we are given these small gifts of joy in the middle of our busy, tiresome, and difficult days. These small gifts are sometimes opened in the hardest of circumstances by someone unseen, filling our bodies with peace and love.

My kids are growing up so fast. Carrying little screaming Savannah to her chair, and feeling her tiny waist tucked in my arms made me feel so grateful, and so much love for my children. Soon they won't be small anymore. Soon they will grow up and move out. I am trying so hard to treasure these days... even if they are sometimes difficult.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Absolutely my thoughts the other day as well. Soon this time will all be over.

I'm reading Women Food and God right now and she talks about living in the moment. Paying attention to sights and sounds around us at each moment. I couldn't help but feel grateful that I'm an artist. I feel it's so easy for me to notice things around me. I just never recognized that as appreciating the moment I am in.

Anyway, take home message: Live in the moment! Even if the moment is fraught with hair pulling.

Oh, we won't be coming out this year. Michelle may come out here instead. Bummer. Let's chat soon, though. Call me when you have a minute to chat. I love you!

Ali said...

You are so relate-able.

I love your posts and pictures and example. Thanks Marci!

Liz Green said...

You are such a great mom and even when we do have those days of frustration, you are very good at not expressing it to your children yet still disciplining them as needed.

Thanks for your example of love, cheerfulness and peace.

Truman has been talking about Savanna lately saying he wants to go see the horses.

Betty said...

It seems that even as you age the story is so much the same. We all run so fast in this crazy life, we all do more than is required and feel guilty. But there are moments where you feel eternity and more than not it is with those babies you bore. You are such a sweetheart and I am so glad that my Jenny found you so I could know you. Good luck with the craziness and know that I think you are wonderful. And that things do pass, way to quickly. Love ya, Betty

Tawnya and Gavin Linsley said...

i know we are pretty excited... but we cant believe how hard it is to find something nice in a nice neighborhood that isnt way expensive! but we will be moving here in september... sweet huh?

*Leslie* said...

You look absolutely incredible! I can hardly believe you are having any bad days looking so cute!

Melodrama Mama said...

It does not matter if they are screaming or laughing - your kids are always so beautiful! They are so lucky to have such an amazing Mom!