Sunday, July 11, 2010

July 10, 2010

Tehya said July 10, 2010 was the best day ever. At 9:00 in the morning I gently closed the zipper on Tehya's new white dress, hand sewn by her Grandmother. This heirloom dress has tears of joy and love sewn right into it. I could feel it when I first held the fabric in my hands.

I swept Tehya's hair to the side and fastened the clasp on her new silver necklace, a treasured gift from her other sweet Grandmother.

At 9:45 we left the house to drive to the church for Tehya's baptism.

As Tehya entered the waters of baptism, I know that she felt the love of those who watched.

Grandpas gave inspired talks, Grandmas gave loving prayers, and we all gave hugs and kisses.

I listened as hard as I could, trying to remember forever how she sounded singing "I am a Child of God" with Chad. What courage she has to sing in front of everyone. I don't think she saw it that way. She was just bearing her testimony through song.


We finished the day with a game of bowling, and dinner at Pei Wei, Tehya's favorite restaurant.

Almost a perfect day...I forgot to bring towels to the church to dry off with, but paper towels from the bathroom worked just fine.
































14 comments:

Cyndi and Logan said...

I can't believe she is 8 already!! What a special day and moment!! SHe is gorgeous like her mama!! I remember coming to visit you when she was like just days old and so tiny and precious and now she is grown up and still just as precious!! Congratulations Tehya!! P.S.Marci, did you run your 1/2 marathon yet?? I love you!!

Thelissa said...

So neat! And she is so beautiful!

Heather said...

What a beautiful memory!

Alicia said...

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story! I loved reading her journal entry.

Rebecca said...

Congrats mommy!

Kristin said...

Congrats to you and Tehya! That is so exciting and the pictures are just beautiful!!

The Heitritter Family said...

I love everything about it! Especially the journal entry which she will cherish one day. No surprise that she is a beautiful girl! What a special day for Tehya and your whole family.

Ali said...

This made me weepy!

What a special day for such a neat family! What a beautiful girl, inside and out.

aniC said...

I LOVE how she said "I felt like I had the most softest blanket on my heart." Just reading about it made me feel like I had the softest blanket on my heart, too! Those pictures are great. She's so pretty and I'm so excited for her.

Liz Green said...

I'm so glad we were able to be present on that special day. Tehya is such a great example to all of us and we are always strengthened by her testimonies.
Thanks for being such great hosts and sharing your home and family with us. We miss you already.

the crew said...

So beautiful! The day, the feelings, the beautiful Tehya! I can remember seeing her 8 years ago when we first moved into the ward- and can hardly believe how fast time goes and how grown up she is!

Lianne said...

Happy Baptism Tehya. What a sweet day. Can you believe we are old enough to have 8 year olds?

Allie said...

Marci, that journal entry is so sweet. How smart to take a picture! I love that she wrote "bathtized." Too cute! You got wonderful pictures of her.

Glass House said...

so sweet! I love your words! Congrats to your sweet daughter! I get to do the same thing in September for my daughter!