Wednesday, June 9, 2010

the best medicine


I have an annoying cold, and I have behaved like a grumpy old sympathy seeker...lying around all day, in my pj's, barking out orders with tissues stuffed up my nose.
I was not a good mom today.
As I tucked each child in bed tonight, I apologized for my awful behavior and asked for forgiveness. My cheek received 3 precious kisses on it from my 3 youngest children. Lastly, I entered Tehyas room to say sorry. As I finished pledging my promise to be better tomorrow, she responded... "It's ok mom. When you're sick, it's like it doesn't count."

With that, she planted one last kiss on my cheek and I waltzed out of her room feeling so much better.

Forgiveness is such great medicine.

4 comments:

Heather said...

What great medicine indeed! Your children are so kind and loving, just like their mother!!

Jennifer said...

That is so sweet. And I love the picture. What a neat painting that would make!

Hey, I left a comment about your last comment about Keri. How did you email me after I made my last comment about your Kermit shoes?

Hope you feel better.

The Heitritter Family said...

It's amazing what peace the night brings!

Tawnya and Gavin Linsley said...

im such a dork... that totally made me cry. i want to be a mom