Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Light in the Darkness



Sunday night we took the kids to the DC Temple to see the lights. We also had a cute neighbor who was playing "Mary" in the live nativity. It was really neat to see the nativity acted out and see all of the beautiful lights. I just really missed the Utah snow that we usually encounter at Temple Square. I won't complain though because the truth is...the cold usually discourages me from taking the kids to Temple Square and this night in DC it was in the high 50's. Just perfect! We were all sweating in our coats!





We caught this photo driving down the road after leaving the Temple. I love the way it shines through the dark silhouettes of the trees.

11 comments:

Kim H. said...

Love that last picture! And if you really are thinking about painting furniture here is a great link I used for a tutorial

http://www.curbly.com/Chrisjob/posts/4045-Curbly-Video-Podcast-Give-Old-Shabby-Furniture-a-Fresh-Modern-Facelift

Just scroll down a bit and there is a video.

Heather said...

What beautiful pictures. I'm sure when you see the temple it brings you closer to home! What a fun outing for your family

Jennifer said...

I love how that temple pops out of no where when you are on the freeway. I'm glad you guys are having fun! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Rodgers clan said...

great pics!!!

*Leslie* said...

The temple looks beautiful! I'm so glad you are liking your new home so much. Merry Christmas!!!

Melodrama Mama said...

Whaaat? We were there on Sunday night too! What time were you there? And who was Mary? And can I just say that I am REALLY glad that you guys moved here?

Cyndi and Logan said...

Marci,
I love reading your blog and all your new fun adventures, I am a little bit jealous!!! I love the D.C. temple, it is gorgeous!!!

Donetta said...

What beautiful pictures and family. So good to hear from you.
Donetta

Eliza said...

Hey! I found your blog through a blog of a blog bleh bleh blah...

I love the DC temple. So amazing!

Tammie said...

Holy cow! your kids are getting so big and so is your family!!!
I am so glad you commented. I don't think Melanie or Mindi have blogs! I wish they would, then i wouldn't feel so lost when we get together!
We miss you too!
It was great to talk to you!

Liz Green said...

How fun that you guys could do that. We've missed you dearly, but glad your enjoying your new home. Are you parents still in town visiting?