Thursday, February 7, 2013

Before and After Pictures


It's been forever!  A lot has been going on at the Green house lately.  I haven't been blogging for a long time for many reasons.  Mostly, we have been going through some really tough things with Jacob, and I wasn't ready to talk about it yet.  The past year was a rough one.  Life is good though , and I have seen so many blessings through all the trails that occur,  but it has been tricky to step away from it all and think of other things.  I am ready to talk about it now.  I am hoping our story might help someone else who is going through the same thing.  We got a diagnosis for him, and although it's an answer after all these years of looking, it's also opened the door wide open for millions of new questions and hurdles to overcome.  More on that later.  

We moved to Virginia 4.5 years ago, and have most recently decided to commit to a few more years here in Northern Virginia.  In the last 4 years we have painted every surface of this house.  We replaced all the flooring, appliances, bathroom vanities, lights, hardware, and many more things to turn this house into OUR house.  But with how things usually go,  Chad and I felt the need to move elsewhere and close this chapter in order to start a new one.   With Jacobs struggles and 4 growing kids, we were feeling we needed a change in some areas of  life, and that led us to look for a new home that we could make OURS.  I found these pictures from the sales flyer when we bought the house.  It was fun to see the changes.   




  living room
 dining room
 laundry room

 kitchen


 guest room

 family room
 master bath
 master bed
 vanna's room
 Tehya's room
 Kids bath
  Tomorrow I will write Jacobs Story.

3 comments:

The Heitritter Family said...

I've been thinking about you all day. I'm so sorry you had a rough year. On the bright side, you have a lovely house thanks to your great taste and your writing is beautiful :)

Liz Green said...

Wow! I've never seen your house so spotless. Way to go Marci.

Heather said...

Your house is beautiful! You have such a talent for all things design! So fun to see an update on you and your beautiful family.