Thursday, March 24, 2011

we're still alive over here!

Well, it's been a long time. I've got a lot of catching up to do. Chad spent the past 3 months traveling, and we were able to join him for his last week out of town in Alabama. It was wonderful. I could really get used to living in a hotel. Someone to make your bed, clean your bathroom, and your own personal gym. Perfect! We're so glad to have him home now. I really don't know how all those single moms do it. It's tough running a household alone! I'm grateful for how hard he works for us.

I have to take a moment to talk about my mom. I'm so proud of her, I can barely contain it! She started running a little bit ago, and now she's up to 3 miles without stopping. Isn't that so cool!? It makes me smile every time I think about it. They are coming to see us soon, and we are planning a 5k just for her with all the bells and whistles... well, not really bells and whistles, but a finishers medal, t-shirt, and she will break the tape at the end! So fun!

Speaking of races, I have a half marathon this weekend. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

wow! A half marathon... way to go!! So proud and so happy for your mom! That is awesome!! Miss you!

Tom said...

Well we knew you guys were still there, and we have missed hearing from you. Thanks for the new posting, and thanks for stopping in to see us when you were here in Salt Lake, Marci and Savannah. We loved having you at our home even if just for a short time. We're glad you could all be together and have fun in Alabama, too. Lots of luck in the half marathon, Marci! Chad and the kids will undoubtedly be at the finish line cheering you on. Way to go, Pat, for your running as well.

Love you all --

DAD & MOM GREEN

The Heitritter Family said...

Good luck to you and congrats to your cute momma! I have missed blogging Marci and your cute family!

Cagney and Laci said...

I hope your 1/2 went well! Your mom is a total Rock Star! That sounds so fun to run a 5k together!