Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My new shoes



So I got these new shoes...and I love them. They are so weird looking, but they make my muscles so happy. I have been wearing them around in hopes of breaking them in a bit quicker. I even wore them to the driving range.

Wanna know something?...I signed up for a half marathon trail run, and I hope I can run in them. The run isn't until October, but I don't know if that is enough time to build up the mileage in these shoes. For now I can only handle about 15 minutes of solid running. A few nights ago I was able to do about 30 minutes of sprints, and that was it. My legs were SHOT. I am still sore from those...these shoes force you to use muscles you don't normally use. I LOVE it!! So do any of you have these shoes? Do you have any advice on building up to running long distances in them?

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

I've never seen shoes like that--what are they? Is this your first time running a half marathon? Are you a runner? How do you stay so fit?!

Jennifer said...

I've never seen shoes like that before! They are like Frog Shoes. Forget running, can you swim at incredible speeds in such shoes? What about climbing walls...can you climb walls in such shoes? Is you tongue stickier when you wear them? Can you catch flies in those shoes?

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

thx for saying hi!

Shontel & Kamron said...

Kamron is the runner in our house. I am like a 5k girl and that is it. He just ran a half, good luck!

Liz Green said...

I have a friend in our ward that just started using those shoes, but I've never tried them myself, so I don't have much advise to give you. Good Luck. It's nice to finally hear from you.

Sissy Jackson said...

WHAT KIND OF SHOES ARE THEY? WE ARE ALL ASKING...NOW WILL YA ANSWER??? LOVE THE SHOES BY THE WAY...TOTALLY COOL!

Marci said...

Sissy, you should go get some! They are called Vibram five fingers. I LOVE how they feel...are you a bare foot kind of girl? They feel like bare feet, but you have protection. I am still having a hard time getting over how strange they look though.

Mary Beth said...

Look at those muscles in your swing! Way to go marce- and you've motivated me to work out more!

the speers said...

you amaze me...you're so strong!