Monday, May 31, 2010

Fashion Tales

This is Savannah Maurine Green.
She is named after her Great Grandma Maurine. We talk about her a lot in our home.
Did you know that Great Grandma Maurine was a buyer for a department store years and years ago? She used to travel to New York and attend the fashion shows. Oh how I envy her experiences!
Grandma Maurine had great taste in clothes.
As a little girl, my heart would just flutter at the idea of receiving a flat rectangle box from my Grandma. I knew it would contain the cutest outfit I had ever seen. She just had an eye for that kind of stuff.

Savannah has been dressing herself lately. It's a battle I have decided not to engage in. This is how she emerged from her room the other day. Do you think she inherited Great Grandma Maurine's talent?


6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Absolutely! She definitely has the eye. And I just know, one day, wearing your left shoe on your right foot will be the shiznit.

Love you, lady!

Ali said...

Your Grandma Maurine was my primary teacher when I was eight. I adored her. What a special lady and yes, I can see the flare in Miss Savannah.

Alicia said...

She sure does have an eye for fashion!

Sissy Jackson said...

YES...that is TALENT! LOVE it and let it be sister...You are the best mom!

Jen said...

Love it! I agree with Jenn above, shoes on the wrong feet are the bomb! She is so adorable. I can't believe how big she is getting!

Liz Green said...

I love the unmatched shoes. So funny. Sometimes I wish Truman would get that excited about getting dressed. I have to pin him down half the time so he will hold still.