Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hi Y'all




I almost forgot my blogger password, it's been that long. Never again will that happen, thanks to New Years resolutions. This is the only journaling that gets done around here. I've realized it's pretty important.

Just a few things from the last three months that I want to remember...

Lisa, Shauna, Sydney, Carol, Travis, Rochelle, Mark, Liz, Truman, Alli, Andrew, Henry, and Eliza came to visit sometime during Sept, Oct and Nov. Having people come stay at my home fills my bucket to the brim. It makes me so happy. VISITORS!!! KEEP COMING!

October included a trip to Gettysburg, Lancaster (where the Omish hang their laundry out to dry), and the Hershey Factory. Nat and Jared were brave enough to join us, and it was wonderful. I accomplished a huge goal during that trip...to be able to do a back handspring again. The miracle occurred on the battle field. Ever since I can remember, the sight of an open field gives me urges to cartwheel and tumble. It's my choice mode of transportation. As an adult, I have learned to suppress it, but that day, early in October, I could no longer hold back. Very satisfying trip.

The month of October also brought swine flu to our entire family and pneumonia to me. Chad was gone for a couple of weeks, so my lucky husband missed all of it. My friends were so amazing and brought my family lots of food and help.

A lot of November was delightedly spent sewing 20 aprons for a sweet friend who wanted to help me save up for a new camera. What she didn't know is that I have an addiction, one I had suppressed for an entire 11 months and 28 days, and her request was enough to put me into relapse. I spent all of my hard earned money on more fabric. Beautiful, lovely fabric, that I can't wait to sew into something amazing. Thanks my sweet friend Amy!

December, what a great month it was, except for a few minor things. We found out that Jackson is allergic to pistachios and cashews. We now keep an epi-pen with us at all times. And since we're talking about allergies, we found out that Chad is allergic to wheat, but only if he eats it before he exercises. He too is supposed to keep an epi-pen in his work out bag, and avoid wheat if he is going to work out. Crazy huh!

Later in the month we FINALLY made it home to Utah. It filled my heart to see my family and friends. I wish there was more time...I felt as though I barely skimmed the top of what I wanted and needed to do there.

And that brings us to today.

Today equals...
first allergy shots for the entire family, and a new bribery-fish tank with 3 new fish who I pray will survive through the night. 48 more shots to go, and we will be allergy free!! I can't wait!

8 comments:

aniC said...

Marci, this picture is AMAZING! I do hope you make a big copy of it and frame it!
You've had a busy few months. I've missed you. And I hope you keep your New Years resolution to blog more.

Heather said...

Marci, it was so great to see you! I just wish we could've spent more time catching up. I guess we'll just have to come out for a visit like we threatened! I also wanted to let you know that I was so sad that I missed the party. Our little Alex was a sick one and we couldn't make it down. I would love to hear more about it! After hanging out I realized just how much I miss you! I hope things are going well and that this year brings many good things to you and your family. I can't wait to keep in touch and hear all about the latest happenings! Love you!

The Heitritter Family said...

I've missed you badly my blogging friend! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures. Crazy few months for your family! I'm glad you are all on the mend!

Harmony said...

Welcome back! That picture is great. Your kids are adorable!

Kim H. said...

It is a great picture!

Liz Green said...

What a clever idea to reward your kids with fish. I don't remember seeing a fish tank when we were there. Perhaps it gives us a good reason to come out and see ya! ha, ha! I know, I'm looking for all the excuses I can get.

Hillary said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy! If you are ever up for a repeat trip to Lancaster give us a call, we'd love to see you guys (it's only about a 45 min drive from here).

Sorry to hear about all the illnesses and allergies, how crazy! Thank goodness for health insurance and doctors. We found out in October that Steve has celiac disease and can't eat wheat or any gluten. That's interesting that Chad has an allergic reaction to wheat when he exercises-strange! Well, I hope you guys are hanging in there, hopefully we can all get together before too long. :)

Cagney and Laci said...

What a classic family photo. Love it! your kids are so cute!