Sunday, August 16, 2009

This is Manassas...







(Anitra, thanks for taking the pictures of Savannah and me!)




Did you know you can still find civil war bullets in the earth here? You aren't allowed to bring a metal detector anywhere near the battle feild. A certain person I know told me that he has found a few while fishing in the rivers around Manassas. While we are here, the boys keep their eyes peeled for treasures. I explain to them as best I can that if they find anything, the right thing to do would be to give it to the museum. I am not sure they agree with me. They continue to dig in the dirt, fingers searching for treasure.














One day I will come back in the early morning hours to take pictures. Some mornings the clouds sit so low to the earth that they wrap around the trees. And then the sun rises red. It's beautiful here.

7 comments:

Alicia said...

Great pictures Marci. Thanks for sharing.

leanne said...

what beautiful pics marci! your kids are seriously so adorable! we miss you here in SLC.

Shauna Cundick said...

Love the pictures! Maybe we'll have to venture over to Manassas soon (in less than a month--hooray)!

Kristin said...

Beautiful Picturs! I miss you guys!

aniC said...

how cute! i loved jacobs hair that day!! and i'm glad some of the pictures with you and savannah turned out.
we definitely need to go back when we can spend some more time there with a non cranky baby.

Marci said...

Anitra! Thanks for taking those pictures of Savannah and me. I would love to try and get some with all the kids...I know, it would be a miracle. Lets go back at sunrise, when the sun isn't rising so early.

Kim Goddard said...

All I can say is I miss you! Love the pictures!