Saturday, October 9, 2010

Are you guys tired of race posts?



We just got done with another race! It was really fun pinning the bibs onto my 4 children this morning for the kids run. They loved the race and asked if we could do it again next week. I promised we would do it again next year. I am so glad they are catching on to the energy and fun of racing. Chad was so kind to sit out this year and be the responsible adult so we all could run.

I came down with an awful cold this week...and was a bit worried last night as I went to bed with an aching body and tissue stuffed up my nose. I probably should have not gone today, but I really wanted to qualify for the dc National Half Marathon, and I was worried about it filling up before I could find another race to run.

There is just something magical about racing. Every time I cross the finish line, I get really emotional. Today I felt so silly as I held back tears when I saw the finish line approaching. When I saw my time, I couldn't hold back any longer. I walked up to Chad and my kids and just sobbed. The look on their faces told me they didn't know what to think of me. My goal was to finish in 32 minutes, which is the cut off for qualifying for the Half Marathon. When I crossed the finish line, the clock read 23 minutes. The fastest guy was 15 minutes and the fastest girl was 17 minutes. Crazy huh! The last time I ran a 5k my time was 35 minutes.

I'm way too emotional.

But happy.

I got home and loaded up on the advil to bring my fever down, and I am feeling good. It's good to know that the runners high still comes even if you are sick.

Now for a few days of resting and snuggling my kids, then back to reality!

Thanks for letting me share this with you guys. It's nice having a whole blog of cheerleaders!

DC National, here I come!!!

9 comments:

Shauna Cundick said...

Way to go Marci! Now we just need to get you interested in a race in Salt Lake so that you have an extra excuse to come visit!

Liz Green said...

What a champ! How fun that the kids could do a race as well. Hope you getting feeling better and I'm glad to hear how happy you are to be back into running again.

We miss you guys and wish we could be there this weekend.

Cowley Family said...

Congratulations! You're amazing!

Thelissa said...

Good for you! You should be proud!

nat said...

I love your race posts!!! Keep em coming.

the crew said...

That is so awesome! Congratulations- I so look up to you!

Lianne said...

Congrats Marci! That is so cool that you have gotten the whole family involved. You look great. Good Luck on the 1/2 marathon.

Marci said...

Lianne! I miss you so much! How are you? We need to catch up. Remember our fun work out days...long ago? Wonderful treasured memories.

Tawnya and Gavin Linsley said...

look at you! you inspire me to run... though i hardly get around to it these days. you look great and its so nice that chad is always there at your races to cheer your on. you go girl!